“To travel, or not to travel?” is not a question I have to ask myself. I want to travel. No, I am dying to travel! For me, it’s a matter of when and how. Being the ultra-nerd I am proud to be, I even know what the theme of my travels will be: libraries and bookstores. Very appropriate, yeah? Here is this list [that I have slowly stolen from other lists on the internet or my favorite movies] of ten bookstores I will someday visit:
1. City Lights Books (San Francisco, CA)
2. Libreria El Ateneo Grand Splendid (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
3. Livraria Lello (Porto, Portugal)
4. Shakespeare & Company (Paris, France)
5. Atlantis Books (Santorini, Greece)
6. The Bookworm (Beijing, China)
7. Another Country (Berlin, Germany)
8. Daunt Books (London, England)
9. Selexyz Dominicanen (Maastricht, Netherlands)
10. Bookabar (Rome, Italy)
While I’m visiting these bookstores, if I happen to tour around the country for a few extra days, weeks, or months, so be it. 🙂
I keep this list on the desktop of my Netbook so no matter where I am or what mood I’m in, I can dream about my future travels and gain some enthusiasm to get me through the day.
Now. Who wants to come with me?!
And so it goes,