A few months ago, I spent a week at my buddies Kristen and Aric’s house watching their dog and puppy (yes, there is a huge difference between the two!) while they shot a wedding in some foreign magical beachy place.
For my “troubles,” they generously gave me a gift card to one of my favorite restaurants in Dallas—Terilli’s.
Flash forward to last weekend and we finally took advantage of the opportunity to use the gift!
Brent was a sweetie-pie (Bleh, way too sugary sweet for saying out loud. Pretend you didn’t read that.) and scored us reservations on the rooftop, per my adamant requests (aka mentioning that I want to eat on a rooftop soon soon soon(!) every day for the last two weeks).
After I cried about a purple shirt, changed outfits three times, and fell down my concrete stairs (loooong stories), we finally made it to our mecca dining destination.
The falling down the stairs called for a cocktail, and this fruity one did just fine!
The senseless crying called for crab claws. Mmmhmm.
This place is magic and I was grinning from ear to ear, dripping in the buttery garlic sauce, in no time flat.
The rest of the dinner disappeared too quickly before I could snag pictures.
We were too busy sipping wine and chatting and laughing at the gaggle of 13 year old girls sitting at the table behind us.
But as for my Terilli’s tips, since you asked:
1) In good weather, request the rooftop for your reservation. The indoor environment is truly fantastic, but there’s something special about a patio meal, in my opinion. Plus, it makes for much better pictures.
2) I’m mildly obsessed with the Cream of Jalapeno Soup.
3) Get the signature Chicken Parmesans or Veal Picattas, but you really can’t go wrong with anything on the menu.
4) Chocolate cake…to go. Then get your own little scoop(s) of strawberry Bluebell and you’ll be happy you did.
5) Don’t plan on rushing. This is a great spot to spend a few hours with good friends and family. Take advantage, you’ve probably had a crazy week.
and so it goes,